Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Christmas exchanges?

I know, I know. It's still August. But hey! 4 months from today is Christmas Eve! And I've got a lot to do between now and then, so I'm starting on my Christmas planning now.

Just wanted to make sure that all the applicable parents are on board with the cousin book exchange - this is the 5th year. Yay! I actually really like choosing the books for the other kids - it's fun for me. Although, maybe this year I'll let Summer and Marnie choose what book they give to their cousin - narrow it down to 3 or 4 options and let them pick.

Yes or no on the sibling exchange again? Theme? The first year, we had "something that inspires you." I don't remember the 2nd year (2008). The 3rd year was food, and last year was FHE in a box. All of them good ideas - I wouldn't mind doing any of them again, or something new.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of a "white elephant" gift exchange - something completely pointless.

Just my two cents.

tawngap said...

I'm up for whatever people want to do.... and chances are I'll be on my own at Christmas so I guess I'll be mailing my gift to whomever and you'll have to mail something to me.

tawngap said...

I'm up for whatever people want to do.... and chances are I'll be on my own at Christmas so I guess I'll be mailing my gift to whomever and you'll have to mail something to me.

Skippy said...

We're in for the kid book exchange. I think whatever we want to give is fine - whether pointless or useful. Leave it up to the giver.