Tuesday, August 18, 2009

On My Past Week's Activities

This week has been interesting, with family coming and going. Last Monday (or was it Tuesday?), we went on a hike at Silver Creek Falls, with Joshua wanting his daddy to gallop along the trail. Joshua also enjoyed splashing in the creek and throwing rocks at Double Falls. We cut back at Winter Falls, which was a wet patch of rock. August isn't the best time to see the falls.

And there was the family reunion from Thursday to Saturday. There was always someone there for a game of cards or putting together a puzzle. Most of the teenage boys spent the whole time playing video games. I loved zipping around the Puget Sound in Sid's boat. And we had singing and skits on Friday night. I especially enjoyed a song that Sid and Ben wrote about Frands Petersen.

Mom and I are teaching a new Primary class. Instead of the six-year-olds, we'll teach the ten-year-olds. This class is about half the size of the last one. And it makes it easier for me to fulfill my other calling of teaching nursery. They called me so someone would teach a lesson. But it seems like I spent more time mopping up spilled water.

Yesterday, Tawnia and I drove out to the beach and just sat on the sand for a few hours, enjoying the sound of the waves and the smell of the breeze. We walked a bit, but mostly we just read. I put on sunscreen, but I missed a couple of spots, so the backs of my legs and one shoulder got singed.

No comments: