Friday, December 07, 2012

More Christmas Memories

Other than all of the things that Mindy mentioned, my favorite Christmas memories are as follows:

1. Caroling to George.  Last year Emily, Clarissa, and I still went caroling even though it was just the three of us.  And we went to George, the Belnaps, and the Hubers.  I think the Albertsons were out of town.  My other favorite caroling memory is when we would sing silly songs in the van between stops... or sing them in silly ways.  "Oh Tidings of Comfort And Joy", "I'm Dreaming of a Green Christmas"  and "Chipmunks Roasting on an open pyre"  good memories. 

2. Acting out the Nativity.  Remember the year that Eric and I were the shepherds and watched over our flocks at night?  Or what about when we made the movie as kids.  Watching that movie still cracks me up and I can remember making it.

3.  I loved the Christmases when we slept by the tree and giggled and talked until late at night when we finally fell asleep... after the stockings had been stuffed.

4.  Mindy may love the pumpkin pie, but I love the apple pie.... even when it boils over.  Thinking of that makes me miss the double oven.

5.  I remember the year that the boys got the Nerf swords and we had a tournament.  I think that was one of the years that Mom decided to number the gifts and Jared still knew which present was the Nerf swords.  I even wrote about that one in my journal.

Such good memories.  I'm grateful that we have such an awesome family that I continue to make memories with. 

No comments: