Thursday, October 20, 2011

cousin book exchange for Christmas AND sibling exchange notes

I didn't realize I hadn't posted this yet, even though I figured out the names awhile ago. Here is the list for the cousin book exchange for Christmas:

Summer --> Stevie
Marnie --> Henry  
Jenna --> Allie
Tenley --> Joshy

Stevie --> Brooke
Allie --> Bryan

Brooke --> Summer
Bryan --> Jenna
Emma --> Marnie

Joshy --> Emma
Henry --> Tenley

Eric and Nathan, you can send the packages to my house because Jared and his family are spending Christmas here. (Or Nathan can give it to Mom to put in her luggage.)

For the sibling exchange, maybe I'm just still on pregnancy brain but I didn't really follow what Mindy was saying about the letters/ornament exchange. Why would you just take a picture of an ornament instead of sending the actual ornament? And I do a year-in-review letter anyway every year and send it out with all my Christmas cards. Some kind of Christmas decoration (not just ornaments) could be fun, especially if it's homemade.

I also like useful gifts rather than useless - I'm so tight on space with cramming 4 kids into a 2-bedroom house that I don't have room for useless things. Books would also be good. Adam is of the opinion that there is no such thing as "too many" books.

1 comment:

Mindy Sebastian said...

I just kinda rambling about the Christmas ornament thing .. I know I like having a new ornament every year and thought it could be cool to incorporate that into the gift giving thing.

So we need to make a final decision, one way or another. Ornaments, useful, books, or no theme at all.