Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Craft Day

Okay, so I am going to start making suggestions for crafts that I want to do while I'm home. There are several. I'm going to put the links for them on here and then if anyone else wants to do them as well we can look into getting supplies.

First of all, I want to make myself a menu planning thing like Mom has. I couldn't find one exactly like hers on the internet, but I found this one which I thought looked pretty simple and fun. (And I just figured out how to do the "link" thing) I hope it works! I also want to make myself a magnetic message board.

And I want to make myself an apron. So here is an idea for how to that. Though I really want one of those cute reversible ones that I've seen several friends make... so I need to get the pattern.... this is me, actually being willing to SEW. Yikes, Trina must be rubbing off on me! And I want to make some placemats like this one.

And then there is the crocheting.... Having flowers in your hair is all the rage right now... so why not make some. There are lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of flower options... and then there are the headbands as well. And if you don't like flowers, how about a heart. Also in the crocheting realm, I'm sort of hoping that Mindy ends up having a girl so I have someone to make cute hats for.

Is this inspiring anyone else with great crafting ideas for the day of craftiness during spring break?

I was also thinking about plastic canvas. Mom, do you still have any? Do you still have patterns for stuff? I don't have many magnets for my fridge and thought it might be fun to make some of those also.

Now, I've posted my ideas... what other ideas are out there?


2 comments:

treen said...

AHEM!!! I have FOUR girls, all of whom wear HATS. You don't have to wait for Mindy to have a girl to make hats. You're already the favorite aunt at our house - hats would continue to seal the deal. (And just for that, I hope Mindy has a BOY!)

I've been getting into felt with crafts, including with making hair flowers. I can't remember right now if I already posted the link on my Operation Domestic Goddess blog, or if it's coming ... I'll check a little later.

SIGH. Do you know how tempting it would be to jump on a plane with just Tenley (since I can't afford everyone right now) and go out to Oregon for the sisters hangout? It is.

Frank and Evelyn said...

Cute ideas, Tawnia. I like the placemats and I'd love to learn to crochet the little flowers. As for sewing projects, I can help you learn to do those. It sounds like lots of fun but how much do you think we can do in one day or even the whole week? I'm game for whatever you guys choose. And Trina, we'd LOVE to have you come!