Monday, October 05, 2009

Christmas planning

Gift exchange again this year? Cousin book exchange for the kids?

Or is this just a tough year for everyone? I am well aware of job struggles for some, major moves for others ... not an easy year on anyone's finances. Even Tawnia and Nathan, who are the only ones who had any semblance of job stability this year, still had big changes with Tawnia's grad school plans and Henry being born. Well, what is life if not a series of changes, one right after another.

I'm good for the gift exchanges and would like to do them again ... but I don't think anyone should feel pressured about it. What's the consensus?

7 comments:

tawngap said...

yeah, money is tight, but I'm willing to do this if everyone else wants to. I won't be insulted if people don't want to though. At least that's the mood I'm in about it right now. I'm planning on doing gifts for the nieces and nephews regardless, but that may or may not happen. I guess I'm not really going to make any commitments at this point.

Mindy Sebastian said...

I'm good with a gift exchange. (As long as I'm not exchanging with Trina or Jared, only because that's who I got the last two years.) Did we want to do a theme? (Christmas, spiritual, books, kid toys, food, etc)

Eric said...

We'll participate in the gift exchange, but only if we get to exchange with Mindy ;)

The kids' book exchange is fine with us as well.

treen said...

Mindy, I did already go back through the last 2 years of exchange notes here on the blog to see who everyone has already had for their exchange. I'll shuffle things around to make sure there are no repeats.

Emily said...

I vote for the sibling gift exchange.

Amanda Palmer said...

We're in - just let us know! Not sure what you meant about Nathan having job stability...since he had no job all year...unless you mean the apartment job? but any money we get from that goes towards health insurance, so it's not really any sort of income. But yeah - whatever anyone else decides.

Anonymous said...

Sure, why not. What's the theme this time?